Commercial Surety bonds guarantee that you will fulfill statutory or contractual obligations. The majority of Commercial Surety bonds are specified in federal and provincial acts and their regulations.
Why choose The Guarantee for Commercial Surety?
- Solutions: We review your specific needs and use our deep knowledge and experience to find the right solution.
- Expertise: Our large volume of Commercial Surety business throughout North America enables our underwriters to continuously enhance their experience, knowledge and skills.
- Commitment: Surety is what we do. Each of our regional offices across North America is staffed with professionals who can help you.
- Cross Border Bonds: We issue bonds in Canada and the United States, providing you with a single-source solution for your North American bonding needs.
- Innovation: We are always seeking opportunities to partner with our brokers to create new products and affinity program opportunities.
- E-Commerce: our on-line tool QuickWrite allows brokers throughout Canada to conveniently quote, issue, and endorse Commercial Surety bonds.
Commercial Surety Bonds
Customs Bonds: required by the federal government to guarantee payment of various duties, tariffs and taxes. The most commonly used customs bonds are:
- Release of Goods Bond
- Non-Resident GST Bond
- Customs Brokers License Bond
- Customs Bonded Warehouse Bond
Excise Bonds: required by federal and provincial governments to guarantee payment of excise taxes. These include:
- Fuel Tax Bond
- Tobacco Bond
- General Excise Bond
Licence and Permit Bonds: required by federal, provincial and municipal governments to guarantee compliance with regulations and bylaws relating to a specific license or permit. These bonds allow companies or individuals to operate in certain businesses and provide financial protection to the consumer. Examples of license and permit bonds are:
- Consumer Protection Bond
- Collection Agency Bond
- Contractor’s License Bond
Estate Bonds: required by provincial courts from the executor of the estate of a deceased person. The bond guarantees that the executor will comply with the requirements of provincial estate law and the will.
Guardian Bonds: required from the guardian of a person who is unable to manage their financial affairs, or of a minor. The bond is required by the provincial court or the provincial Public Guardian and Trustee Office.
Lost Instrument Bonds: issued when an individual or company loses a certificate (stock, debenture, warrant, bond). In order for the issuing agent to issue a replacement certificate, a bond is required.
Carnet Bonds: allows individuals and companies to temporarily take goods from Canada into foreign countries without paying import taxes.
US Commercial Surety Bonds: The Guarantee issues all types of US Commercial Surety bonds, including:
- Importer/Broker Bond
- Custodian of Bonded Merchandise
- International Carrier Bond
- US Property Broker Bond
- Oversize/Overweight Permit Bond
- Highway Tolls/Use Tax Bond
- Public Official Bond
- Excise Tax Bond
- Court Bond
- Estate/Probate Bond
- Lost Instrument Bond
Let’s get started
Start the process by contacting an independent insurance broker in your area. Find a broker near you.